Finally have to being sick once for this winter and have a Flu test to eliminate my concern. (It’s a terrible test… >_<)
Glad I don’t have flu….
Contributing to the spring illusion in last week, I naively thought spring is coming. After expecting it for such a long winter, I probably was too exciting, and turns out with sore throat in the very next day.
Eura很激动，Color你一定要听我的，赶紧去做个Flu Test, 我当年就是耽误了48小时治疗期，然后才一拖很久…………
Eura is more exciting than me, “Color, you have to listen to me, go to have a flu test now” she said, “I was in your position and wasted my time for best treatment within 48 hours, and make it a serious one later.”
Okay. Let’s go.University of Health Service at Kent State University is located in the DeWeese building on Eastway Drive.
24 hours nurse line. 330-672-2326
Making an appointment to see doctor: (330) 672-2322
A little English and Chinese Corner
- symptoms 症状
- Headache，drowsy, dizzy，fatigue, 头疼，瞌睡，头晕，疲乏
- nausea, vomit 反胃，呕吐
- fever and chills. low-grade fever 发烧，发冷, 低烧
- phlegm， sputum， cough，sore throat , scratchy throat 痰，咳嗽，嗓子疼
- aching muscles 肌肉酸疼
- a stuffy nose， runny nose, sneezing 鼻塞，流鼻涕，大喷嚏
- Loss of voice 失声
- Watering eye 流泪
The difference between common cold and flu
Cold symptoms start slowly. Flu symptoms are more sudden and include higher fever, major aches, chills, sweats, weakness, possible severe sore throat, cough, and chest discomfort.
—-Information from Health Center Care Provider
The most effective way to distinguish whether you have cold or flu is to have a flu test in Health Center, cost 25 bucks.
- To prevent spreading a cold to others, avoid contact during the contagious phase(first 2-4 days)
- Wash hands often, especially after blowing your nose or before handing food.
- Avoid crowded places when possible, especially during the winter
- 营养均衡，健康饮食，多补充维生素C. 偶现在就天天喝柠檬水
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet. Enough Vitamin C supplement. Have Lemon water!
Diagnosis & Treatment
Self -care and time is usually all that is needed for a cold. There is no cure for cold.
Other suggestions that could help with recovering includes: Nonprescription cold preparations, getting extra rest, drinking plenty of fluids…
- Don’t use antibiotics for normal cold. It is useless. Antibiotics could be used only after you did not feel any better after one week. Before that, let your own body’s defenses fight off the germs.
- 为了减轻感冒症状，可以使用一些非处方缓解症状的药物，譬如acetaminophen, decongestants, nose drops or sprays, cough remedies, and throat lozenges.
- 最好使用那些对某一症状有作用的药物，譬如runny nose, 而不要使用针对多种症状的药物
- If use drugs, use product works for one symptom, such as a runny nose, rather than a multi-symptom product.
OTC Cough and Cold
Source: Coming from My Doctor…